Which layout software do you use for creating publication quality figures?

paul_wary at yahoo.com paul_wary at yahoo.com
Wed May 25 02:40:31 EST 2005

Raymond Dalgleish wrote:
> I use Macromedia Freehand. The key point is to select a program that is
> object-based rather than pixel-based. Corel Draw, Adobe Illustrator or
> even (at much lower cost) Serif Draw Plus. There is even a free download
>   available for Serif Draw Plus version 4:
>
> http://www.freeserifsoftware.com/software/DrawPlus/default.asp

Thanks for the tip. Looks like a good program - and best of all it's
free. I already had a look at another free DTP program called RagTime
Private but didn't like it at all. I was once dabbling around a bit
with Corel Draw quite some time ago when it was version 4 but it wasn't
my thing back then.

Paul