Heating blocks?

Duncan Clark blackhole at abuse.plus.com
Tue May 31 10:20:53 EST 2005

Historians believe that in newspost <d7d9tj$nm4$1 at news.doit.wisc.edu> on
Sun, 29 May 2005, DK <dk at no.email.thankstospam.net> penned the following
literary masterpiece:
>n article <d7790d$pfg$1 at gemini.csx.cam.ac.uk>, C Coward <cc122 at mole.bio.cam.ac.uk> wrote:
>>We're after a heating block or equivalent to heat a pressure cooker up
>>with. Temp control not really required, as long as it's hot enough to boil
>>the water in the cooker. Any cheap (UK) suppliers recommended?
>
>I'd suggest going to the nearest appliance store and buying
>a single burner electric stove. They run about $20-40 US.

Good idea but you forget, this is the UK :-)

Very difficult to locate a single ring electric hob etc. here. Google
doesn't show anything that is single ring  and I can't recall ever
seeing one in the normal stores one would go to. I wonder if a camping
store would be a better bet?

Duncan
they go flying by.

Duncan Clark