Sf9 cells

Christian Praetorius prae at gmx.net
Thu Nov 24 13:01:19 EST 2005

Allison <allison at nospam.com> wrote:

>come off that way.  Tapping the flask does not help.  I've tried

Strange. I worked wit h SF21 cells, and it was no problem there. And
they are derived from Sf9, as far as I know.

>scraping them off gently but the viablity (by trypan blue) is not great
>65-70%).  I would like better viability before going on to the virus
>infection step.

Try to digest the cells for 5 minutes with trypsin. Remove the trypsin
afterwards and try again to tap them of. Should work now.
For how long did you culture your cells before you got this viability?
Maybe another medium works better, we tried Grace's and TC100 and
TC100 worked better.

Christian

--
Immerhin ist die relative Fluechtigkeit des Mediums Computer dem Gehalt vieler Bilder
in idealer Weise angemessen, waehrend man bei Papierbildern immer ueberlegt, ob "es das