Bean Long ben.long at
Thu Sep 1 18:26:52 EST 2005

I have just started using the reversible cross-linker DSP.  It is useful for
cross-liniking in-vivo as it is relatively hydrophobic and can cross
membranes.  Nonetheless, I am using it in vitro after dissolution in DMSO
and it works fine.  There is a water soluble cousion (DTSSP) which can be
used in a similar way.  Both form cross-links which can be reversed under
reducing conditions.  They are both part of the huge Pierce stable of
cross-linkers for which Pierce has a little book to help you pick the one
you want.  I recommend you check out their website.

I have also used formaldehyde according to Vasilescu et al. (2004)
Proteomics 4:3845-3854. but found it a little too non-specific for my
particular application.  Formaldehyde cross-linking can also be reversible
under conditions of high temp.

Best of luck

Remove "yourfinger" before replying
news:df6biu$6uj$1 at