how to distinguish a doubled codon

Han nobody at nospam.not
Thu Sep 8 20:29:02 EST 2005

Hi All:

We have reason to believe that it makes a functional difference whether a
particular mRNA species has an extra codon or not.  Therefore we are
looking for ways to distinguish and quantitate whether (following PCR) we
have both a species with a single CAU codon in a certain place, or two
CAU's in tandem.  WE also believe that both transcripts may exist in a cell
at the same time, and would be interested in quantitating how much of each
is present.

Can anyone suggest solution(s) for this problem?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards
email address is invalid