how to distinguish a doubled codon

Han nobody at nospam.not
Thu Sep 8 20:29:02 EST 2005

Hi All:

We have reason to believe that it makes a functional difference whether a
particular mRNA species has an extra codon or not.  Therefore we are
looking for ways to distinguish and quantitate whether (following PCR) we
have both a species with a single CAU codon in a certain place, or two
CAU's in tandem.  WE also believe that both transcripts may exist in a cell
at the same time, and would be interested in quantitating how much of each
is present.

Can anyone suggest solution(s) for this problem?

Thanks in advance!

--
Best regards
Han