Weak binding of His-tags to IMAC

Duncan Clark blackhole at abuse.plus.com
Wed Sep 21 11:09:49 EST 2005

Historians believe that in newspost <dgrv67$28kv$1 at agate.berkeley.edu>
on Wed, 21 Sep 2005, Louis Hom <lhom at OCF.Berkeley.EDU> penned the
following literary masterpiece:
>Depending on how desperate you are, you might start trying different
>metals on your column (e.g., Cu2+ or Zn2+).  I think Cu is supposed to
>give stronger binding (sometimes too strong?).

Using IDA-sepharose (Amersham's Chelating -sepharose) we quite often
found that Co2+ is better than Ni2+, in terms of binding capacity and
specificity of elution.

Duncan
they go flying by.

Duncan Clark