PCR Ligation Issues!!!

ChenHA hzhen at freeuk.com
Thu Sep 29 07:23:06 EST 2005

On Thu, 29 Sep 2005 04:30:44 GMT, dk at no.email.thankstospam.net (DK)
wrote:

>I have a topoisomerase expressing vector sitting in the fridge and
>a folder in my desk that has 100% finished designs for the vector
>to be made into TOPO version.... The plasmid from Dr. Schuman
>came with MTA that was pretty shocking (that's the way Sloan
>Kettering lawyers are, I suppose).

What's MTA?  Is that same as the thing we got from someone when we
requested some plasmid construct which demanded that 1) any paper we
want to publish using their construct must first be sent to them for
approval, 2) they reserve the rights to patent anything we do using
that vector?

Given that it was  a fairly simple construct that I could have made
myself in 3-4 days time, it was a stunningly shameless attempt to
claim other people'w work as their own.  I assume that it is what
their institute demanded, or I would name and shame those idiots who
make such demands.