query: Ambion and LC Sciences micro-RNA (miRNA) arrays

chrispatil at gmail.com chrispatil at gmail.com
Tue Apr 4 18:05:22 EST 2006

Hi there everyone.

I'm considering using the miRNA array platform supplied by Ambion, and
am comparison-shopping vs a similar product from LC Sciences. I'm
leaning toward the LC product because it has more sequences on each
chip and they actually do the hybe for you (at the price asked it's a
net savings because one doesn't have to purchase the labeling reagents,
especially if like me one only wants to try it once).

Is anyone else using either of these products? If so, what's your
experience of the performance?

Specific question about the Ambion product: There are some proprietary
sequences on their chips that they licensed from Rosetta ("Ambi-mirs"),
but I can't figure out (i.e., can't get a straight answer from Ambion)
whether they will release these sequences to users of the platform. The
additional sequences are a potential advantage of the Ambion chip, but
if I don't know what the sequences are, they don't do me a lot of good.
So if you know about this in particular, I'd love to hear from you.

Thanks in advance,

Chris