Schlierens or Swirls in PolyAcrylamide Gradient Gel

Tony Nugent tnugent at bhlinc.com
Tue Apr 11 16:50:35 EST 2006

Hi Duncan, the glass is washed in RBS followed by several DI rinses.

I wonder about the temperature of the glass, versus the reagents/Room
temperature. I believe these artifacts are just on the surface of the
gel, as they are very difficult to see. However Lab personnell spend a
lot of time looking for them and discarding those they find.

Thanks for your help

Tony