E.Coli expressed Calmodulin doesn't work?

Isaac Li isaac.li at utoronto.ca
Thu Apr 13 09:13:25 EST 2006

Hi DK, thanks for your reply.
I realize that fusion protein may be the problem, but it seems that CaM
in fusions are quite robust in many biosensor cases, the CaM-CFP-GST
construct binds to GST beads and expresses very well...
All I want is to verify that my CaM binds to M13 in vitro at this stage.
I have tried quite a few pull down assays, and none of them works...
e.g. I saturated Histag-CaM to Ni beads, and threw GFP-M13 into the
solution +Ca2+, there's no obvious pull down, but the GFP-M13 is
strongly pulled down by commercial CaM beads...

do you have any suggestions?
Thanks a lot!
Isaac