slide assay with vista green. It's possible?

GysdeJongh jongh711 at planet.nl
Thu Apr 13 17:55:18 EST 2006

"Peter Ellis" <pjie2 at cam.ac.uk> wrote in message
news:4a7l4sFrg5n8U1 at individual.net...
> GysdeJongh wrote:
>>
>> Or you could buy Affi- or ABI chips . Faster .
>> They have another advantage : they are the only one accepted for
>> publication ! You will not get a publication with home brew chips in
>> any serious journal.
>
> Rubbish

This search string :    Ellis P[author] AND (microarray OR Array OR "DNA
Array")     in Pubmed finds 3
Two different Peters , 1 does not use array's
Maybe I am missing something

>> There are a number of companies that provide a complete service. You
>> send them your RNA , they give you a DVD with the gene regulations
>> and the bioinformatics . Completely interpreted . The fastest  :)
>
> If you want your analysis done by someone who knows nothing about your
> biological system, sure.

The analysis is done by someone who does know about both statistics and
bioinformatics . You may know everything about your favourite organism .
Both knowledge is needed . I saw a few examples where good biologists lost
themselves in bioinformatics.

Gys