EtBr in polyacrylamide gels

Jayakumar, R R.Jayakumar at roswellpark.org
Fri Apr 28 23:37:27 EST 2006

Well.. I am not sure.  But I can guess why.  Intercalation of ethidium
bromide with DNA causes the DNA bands to slow down and may cause
mobility differences not intended.  So since polyacrylamide gels are
generally used for bands of ~ 100-500 bp, this would cause a problem.
   I hope I am right
Best of luck
Jayakumar