EtBr in polyacrylamide gels

adriano.jimenez at hrc.es adriano.jimenez at hrc.es
Sat Apr 29 04:56:20 EST 2006

What you have to do is put your gel after the run in a cuvette with an
Ethidium
Bromide solution in water (I don't have now the concentration, but it is more
or less 20 microliters of EtBr in 200 ml water) and keep it there 3-5 minutes.
After that wash the gel, by keeping it in a cuvette with water 5 minutes.
Depending on the lenght of your gel it may be not very easy to handle and may
break into peaces during the manipulation if you are not very skilled.
Nevertheless if the gel is broken, you can visualize and take a picture
just by
recomponing the peaces on the UV iluminator.