How Much Ligase Do I Need?

ChenHA hzhen at freeuk.com
Wed Aug 23 22:14:39 EST 2006

On Wed, 23 Aug 2006 21:28:30 +0100, "Jose de las Heras"
<josenet at tiscali.co.uk> wrote:

>"ChenHA" <hzhen at freeuk.com> wrote in message
>news:783ie2h9dkbrv74uisev5d8bqhbifun6jl at 4ax.com...

>> We don't appear to have a catalog (or lost it somewhere as per usual),
>> and the online one doesn't appear to have prices, so can you give some
>> sample prices for comparison?
>

>I keep forgetting to check in the lab (I read this from home)...
>
>Generally the prices are lower, if not a lot lower, and some products are
>much cheaper. In my previous place our stores stocked their products so we
>had a special price. I'll se if I can get a few prices from our list for
>you.

Found one eventually, an departmental one that is a year old, gives a
price for ligase of £52 for 1000 U  (just a quick look at the
departmental store, hope I got that correct).  So that makes it much
cheaper (about 4-5 times cheaper than the Promega one I think,
although I've found Promega to be generally more expensive than most).
They should probable get a bit more aggressive in letting people know
their prices (why don't they even list their prices on their
website?).