Plasmids for the production of 100bp and 1kb DNA ladders

ChenHA hzhen at
Fri Aug 25 09:40:45 EST 2006

On Fri, 25 Aug 2006 14:49:51 +0200, ""
<seggewis at> wrote:

>I search for suitable plasmids for the production of 100bp and 1 kb DNA
>ladders, respectively.
>Does anybody have these plasmids who would send them?
>I know that I could use Lambda/BstI, Lambda/HindIII and so on. However, I
>would like to use my own 100bp and 1kb DNA ladder.
>Or does anybody have a suitable, tested protocoll with plasmids, sequences
>and restriction enzymes so that I could construct the pülasmids on my own?
>Thank you for your help!

I don't have the plasmid here, but you can make them yourself if you
want to.   The reference for this is

Anonymous (1989) BRL Focus 11,36

Unfortunately I don't have the paper as well, and it is no longer
available on the web, when Gibco-BRL disappeared into Invitrogen.  So
my question  is - has anyone a copy of this or know where I can find