uneven running pattern in agarose gel

Jayakumar, R R.Jayakumar at roswellpark.org
Tue Aug 29 06:41:04 EST 2006

Is the pattern like a wave across the gel?  I too had the same problem with myy restriction digests.  I changed the Tris to Sigma's Trizma and the problem disappeared. I believe it was caused due to old electrode buffer or old Tris and the pH changing during the run.
let us know if you found another solution for the phenomenon.
Jai