protein sticking to membranes

Ho-Leung Ng holeung at berkeley.edu
Tue Aug 29 13:52:00 EST 2006

Hello,

     I am working with a protein that sticks to membranes used in dialysis
and concentrators. I've tried both PES and cellulose membranes. This
makes buffer exchange and concentrating a huge pain. The protein is
well behaved in solution, and the stickiness is not due to
aggregation. I can recover some of my protein by washing the membrane
afterward with buffer, but the yield is not great and inconsistent.
Are there other membranes worth trying? Does anyone else have
experience with sticky proteins?

Thank you,
ho