(no subject)

Dr Engelbert Buxbaum via methods%40net.bio.net (by engelbert_buxbaum At hotmail.com)
Sat Dec 2 05:03:29 EST 2006

madhurima bhatnagar wrote:

> Hello to all
>   I want to raise antibodies in mice for western blotting to detect
> expression level in my transgenic plants.Can anybody suggest me any
> references or protocols that can guide me in planning the experiments.

Mice are too small to raise an antiserum, they are used for monoclonals.
For serum, rabbits are better. Essential reading about immunological
methods is

@book{Har-88,
        AUTHOR= {E. Harlow and D. Lane},
        TITLE= {Antibodies --- A Laboratory Manual},
        YEAR= {1988},
        PUBLISHER= {Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press},
        ADDRESS= {Cold Spring Harbor},
        LANGUAGE= {engl}
}