Hi i need Plasmid containing taq gene

ChenHA via methods%40net.bio.net (by hzhen At freeuk.com)
Sat Dec 16 20:37:57 EST 2006

On 16 Dec 2006 15:16:56 -0800, "WS" <novalidaddress At nurfuerspam.de>
wrote:

>I there is npbody who has it or wants to share it:
>1) maybe you are lucky to obtain some Thermus aquaticus or its RNA or
>DNA

Luck?  You can get the bug yourself, like from ATCC or DSMZ, and make
your own DNA.  (I find ATCC a pain though, took them ages to deliver
the last time I tried it).

Is Taq still under patent?  I don't think there should be any problem
making your own taq with regard to any patent (am I wrong on that?) ,
but giving other people your clone? What is the situation here?