Regeneration of ELISA-Plates

Dr Engelbert Buxbaum via methods%40net.bio.net (by engelbert_buxbaum At hotmail.com)
Mon Dec 18 15:02:45 EST 2006

peter willingmann wrote:

> Subject said it all..  We want to use ELISA PLATES and /or strips for a
> class demonstration/experiment. But the Plates/Strips are a little bit
> expensive and we want to reuse again. How do you remove the coated
> protein from the plate? HCL???

A typical question from a university. It should of course be possible to
strip adsorbed proteins in the same way as one uses in experimental
context, i.e. SDS in an acidic glycine-buffer, 1 M or so. But the costs
of the chemicals involved, and even more of the labour required, is much
higher than that of new plates.

You are supposed to prepare students for a productive life, so don't
give a bad example.