protein quantification

Rohatgi, Tanuja tanuja.rohatgi at fmi.ch
Thu Feb 9 10:58:28 EST 2006

Hello Dr. Roychowdhury,
I have a problem with regard to quantification of a protein. Found your webpage while searching for some solution to my problem. The thing is that I have a cell line which expresses my protein of interest (stable expression). I would like to use the conditioned medium for the experiments but do not know how to quantify the amount of my protein of interest in this conditioned medium. I do have a specific monoclonal Ab against the protein and it works well on the blot. Can you suggest to me how can I quantify the protein by Coommassie or some other means.Thanks and looking forward to your reply.bye

sincerely
Tanuja

Dr. Tanuja Rohatgi
Friedrich Miescher Institute (Novartis Research Foundation)
Basel, Switzerland