dyed latex microspheres

Sanjay Vijendran svijendran at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 08:16:05 EST 2006

Hi All,

 Does anyone have experience with using 3 micron or smaller diameter
coloured latex spheres? I need to know whether is is possible to see
the colour of the spheres under normal and dark field illumination in
a light microscope. I was told that I wouldn't be able to see the
colour of particles less than 6 micron in diameter. I need to be able
to differentiate between red and blue dyed particles. I don't have the
option of using fluorescence, hence I'm relying on coloured particles.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Sanjay