Dh5 alpha cultures not viable ?

Siddhartha Parida sidharth4 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 00:19:47 EST 2006

I had ordered a culture of DH5alpha from a supplier and when i
inoculated it in a LA + Amp (10mg/ml) the culture was able to grow, i
streaked it into slants and keep it at 4C for a month but now when i
want to work on it again, the culture is not growing , i have repeated
ot many times but without sucess.

Point to be noted: That our water bath shaker is out of order so i had
kept the flask containing the media in a bacterialogical incubator at
37C, is vigorous shakes a must for revival of these culture ?

--
Sidharth Parida
Senior Faculty
sidharth4 at gmail.com