Dh5 alpha cultures not viable ?

Eva Freisinger freisinger at aci.unizh.ch
Fri Feb 24 13:31:22 EST 2006

DH5alpha should not grow on amp in the first place because it does not
carry resistancy against it... If you mean you had DH5alpha cells with a
vector in it carrying amp resistancy, maybe this vector expresses a toxic
protein? Some of my bacteria do not survive longer than 1 or 2 month on a
plate with a vector having certain inserts. It's always a good idea to keep
glycerol stocks. Even better to have the plasmid isolated.
Eva