comet test

cloningman xxxgifalone at
Fri Feb 24 13:47:26 EST 2006

I'm trying to start learning how to make a Single Cell Gel Electrophoresis
(Comet) test.
For my purposes, a neutral Comet assay is enough. I do not have any previous
experiences with this method so I asked a collegue to learn me how to
pre-treat my microscope glides with the first normal melting point agarose
layer. I tried to use both 0,75% H2O2-dissolved and 1% PBS-dissolved
agarose. With the first I obtained a very thin unevenly distributed layer
(not more than a few microns). With the second, I got a more visible agarose
layer but some portions of the glides are agaroseless.
In my dept. nobody else makes Comet tests. Please, can anyone tell me some
techtips to get a good first layer?
Thanks so much to everyone.

xxxgifalone at (remove xxx)