long distance transport of DNAs, mainly vectors and ..

Jose de las Heras josenet at tiscali.co.uk
Sun Feb 26 12:01:37 EST 2006

"ali" <atahery at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1140972807.574889.28330 at i39g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> Imagine that you are graduated form the university and you want to go
> back to your country. How do you take your DNAs from the fridge to your
> country(other than dried ICE). regarding to the costumes, that it will
> take long time, is there any prohibition for taking these materials
> with yourself?

plasmids?
just make drops of 5-10ul on a piece of filter paper (make a grid, for
instance, and take the paper with you, or mail it to yourself.
When you're ready in the lab again, cut the filter paper and put each bit
into an eppendorf with some TE for a litle while, and use that to transform
your bugs.
We send/receive plasmids that way. Simple.

Jose