Question about streptomycin sulfate precipitation

Duncan Clark blackhole at abuse.plus.com
Thu Jan 5 06:01:33 EST 2006

Historians believe that in newspost
<mailman.650.1136330661.29584.methods at net.bio.net> on Tue, 3 Jan 2006,
Igal Finarov <igal.finarov at weizmann.ac.il> penned the following literary
masterpiece:
>I saw in Internet that you had the same question I have: what is the
>percent of  streptomycin sulfate  needed to precipitate DNA. Can you
>please share  with me your knowledge on that issue.

Find any 1960's or early 70's molecular biology enzyme purification
paper and you will invariably find that they used Streptomycin sulphate
pptation prior to loading their first column. Subsequently Polymin P
pptation came along. Just be very careful about pptating the protein you
may want with too much of either. You can't always back recover it.

Duncan
they go flying by.

Duncan Clark
GeneSys Ltd.