streptavidin beads from different companies

P. Hondelmann hondelmann at ipp.uni-hannover.de
Mon Jan 16 11:44:13 EST 2006

Hi,

we are just starting up to use streptavidin coated beads for enrichment of
microsatellite DNA. We ordered beads from NEB, unfortunately all
protocols/papers we found, are for Dynabeads from Dynal (Invitrogen). Can
we apply these protocols or not? In the suppplied protocol from NEB
(isolation of RNA) there are several important differences e.g. regarding
wash/binding buffers (concentrations, content), temperatures, washing
regime, etc. compared to the protocols we want to use.
Thanks for help
Peter