Enzyme to digest dsDNA in ss/ds mix

Aawara Chowdhury aawara at nohome.org
Thu Jan 19 14:09:39 EST 2006

In <1137693079.683560.128490 at g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
 Susan Hogarth <hogarth at gmail.com> wrote:

> For aPCR, I have gotten better yield by increasing the ration - highest
> ried (50:1) has been best so far. But that is not using phosporylated
> primers.

My experience with aPCR is from close to a decade ago (I used it routinely
to make probe).  I seem to recall that I got much better incorporation using
a ratio that was about 3 or 4 to 1 v/s 25:1.  But then, I always used lambda
exo to enrich for the strand I wanted as probe.

AC
--
In America, through pressure of conformity, there is freedom of choice,
but nothing to choose from - Peter Ustinov.