Enzyme to digest dsDNA in ss/ds mix

Gerd Nilsen gerd.nilsen at biotec.no
Tue Jan 24 07:34:18 EST 2006

>Is there an enzyme which will digest dsDNA in a ss/ds mix?

Shrimp nuclease is a dsDNA specific endonuclease, and will do the job. Shrimp nuclease is easily heat-inactivated after use.

Currently, Shrimp nuclease is distributed by USB, GE Healthcare, and ABgene.

I do represent the producer of the enzyme, but hope I am allowed to answer a specific question.

Best regards

Gerd Nilsen

Product manager Marine Biochemicals

Biotec Pharmacon ASA

Strandgata 3

N-9008 Tromsø

e-mail: gn at biotec.no <mailto:gn at biotec.no>

Tel:  +47 7764 8915

Fax:  +47 7764 8901

The information in this message is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender and delete the message immediately from your system.