Agrobacterium strains

Dr Engelbert Buxbaum engelbert_buxbaum at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 8 07:13:43 EST 2006

Sheshagiri R wrote:

> Hi Friends,
> I am working  on plant transformation and  I have a plant expression vector
> with a novel gene construct. Now I want the blank cultures of Agrobacterium
> strains, LBA 4404, EHA 105 and EHA 101 so that I can introduce my vector
> plasmid into them and initiate the plant transformation work. Can you please
> tell me how to get these Agrobacterium strains.

There are microbiological type culture collection, for example in
Göttingen, Germany. They keep certified strains and make them available
to the scientific community against a fee to cover their costs.
Alternatively, you can ask collegues working with the strains for a
sample, then you loose the advantage of certification.