Agrobacterium strains

Michael Sullivan mlsulliv at wisc.edu
Thu Jun 8 20:46:43 EST 2006

There is an excellent review by Hellens et al (2000) Trends in Plant
Science that provides contact info for obtaining a number of Agro
strains and binary vectors. I'm on the road right now or I'd provide
a better reference, but it's a good one to have for anybody doing
plant transformation.

Although Beth Hood can typically provide the EHA strains, when I last
contacted her, she was having logistically problems in doing so and
directed me to Stan Gelvin at Purdue University.

Although LBA4404 is pretty commonly used, I can't off the top of my
head point you to a specific source. I should think that you should
be able to obtain it from a geographically nearby colleage, however.

Hope this helps.

Mike Sullivan