Liposome praparation-sonication problem

roma.parrot at gmail.com roma.parrot at gmail.com
Sat Jun 10 01:43:32 EST 2006

What is the influence of high degree of cholesterol in liposome
composition (1/3) on sonication process?

I've tried to prepare SUV as a part of DRV preparation (using sucrose),
but I don't get a translucent solution (hazy) after 40 minutes (netto)
of bath sonication. Might it be because the high degree of cholesterol
in liposome composition? Am I supposed to get the translucent solution
with cholesterol? What are the conditions for getting translucent
solution with bath sonicator or tip(prob) sonicator.

Thanks in advance