negative control for IP

Amanda Lee leeam at
Tue Jun 13 08:57:52 EST 2006

While doing immunoprecipitations with either Protein A Sepharose beads
from GE or with the Upstate Catch and Release System my negative
control IgG is pulling down many different proteins.  The bands that I
get are equally as strong as in the lanes with my primary antibody.  I
have tried blocking the beads in 5% BSA as well as preclearing the
lysate before adding the antibodies but nothing has helped.

Does anyone know why I am getting so much non-specific binding in my
IgG IPs?