Does the postPCR 4-degree hold damage the thermal cycler ??

chovek69 ivanoov at gmail.com
Thu Jun 15 11:07:22 EST 2006

Hi guys,

Today, all of a sudden, my boss gave an order to cut the postPCR 4
degree hold on all PCR programs "'cause this could damage the machine
and/or shorten its life"- he said. Could it be possible ? Interestengly
most of the thermal cyclers have an in-built 4 degree holds by default.

I am also interested in how the Peltier is capable of cooling down the
block to 4 degrees as this is opposed by the thermodynamics. Any
suggestions ?