Template titration

Duncan Clark blackhole at abuse.plus.com
Wed Jun 28 04:40:46 EST 2006

Historians believe that in newspost
<mailman.20.1151434124.20007.methods at net.bio.net> on Tue, 27 Jun 2006,
Aníbal Acuña <aacuna152 at gmail.com> penned the following literary
masterpiece:
>But then, with higher gDNA amounts (over 1E6
>copies), bands of higher molecular weight appear (the product is there
>too).
>
>How can I explain the appearance of those unexpected bands?.

Think about it.

10E6 copies of genomic DNA is a lot!

If it was human DNA it would be 3ug of genomic DNA!

So if you stick loads of genomic DNA in a PCR then run the finished
amplification out on the gel, don't be surprised to see the starting
genomic DNA in an aliquot of the final PCR run out on a gel.

> Why is it that
>if I increase the amount of gDNA, those bands disappear?

Disappear or appear?

Appear because of above.

Duncan
they go flying by.