information

Duncan Clark blackhole at abuse.plus.com
Wed Jun 28 04:52:11 EST 2006

Historians believe that in newspost
<mailman.6.1151413591.20007.methods at net.bio.net> on Tue, 27 Jun 2006,
muhammad yasir <yasirphr at yahoo.com> penned the following literary
masterpiece:
>  i dont know how to transform the cosmid library into e coli and then how i will store and screen them by functional analysis
>  i shall be very glad to receive the information about this problem

Invest in a good cloning manual for background reading.

I don't know if Promega still offer this but they had in the past a
good, free, 422 page "Protocols and Applications Guide"  that had a lot
of good info. in it.

Roche have an online Lab FAQs guide, also downloadable as a large pdf,.
Not sure of the URL but a search would find it.

Google or equivalent for cosmid transformation.

Search Pubmed for suitable papers but you will have to probably go back
to the early 1980's. If you use "cosmid library construction" as
keywords you should find 151 references dating back to 1981. Pubmed
central finds 2438!

Duncan
they go flying by.

Duncan Clark