SexAI

bowers at saturn.med.nyu.edu bowers at saturn.med.nyu.edu
Tue Mar 7 15:05:06 EST 2006

Hello,

Has anyone tried using the SexAI restriction enzyme?  DId you have any problems
getting the digest to work.  We've tried increasing the amount of enzyme in the
reaction/decreasing the amount of DNA.  The template is a maxiprepped plasmid,
and SexAI is sensitive to methylation, but I honestly don't know if that is the
problem.  We've also sequenced the vector, and the SexAI is definately present.

Anyone have any experience with this enzyme?  I'd appreciate any tips you might
have.

Megan