nested PCR from cDNA libraries

Wendy Grus wgrus at umich.edu
Thu Mar 9 11:51:29 EST 2006

Hello,
I used nested PCR with degenerate primers to determine a sequence of
interest from genomic DNA.  With that sequence I designed specific
primers to amplify this sequence from cDNA libraries.  However, the
specific primers will not amplify my sequence of interest.  When I do a
nested PCR with first the outside degenerate pair and then the specific
pair, I do get product.  Can anyone tell me what is going on?  I am able
to amplify from the cDNA library with positive control actin primers, so
I know there is cDNA template.  Is it just the quantity of the template
for my sequence of interest is really low?
Thanks,
Wendy