Searching for viscosity and density of buffers

Dr Engelbert Buxbaum engelbert_buxbaum at
Thu Mar 16 10:49:46 EST 2006

DK wrote:

> In article <mailman.114.1142030665.16885.methods at>, "Jayesh
> Gor" <jayesh at> wrote:
> >

> >How or where can I look up values of the viscosity and density of MOPS
> >buffer with different concentrations of Sodium Perchlorate?
> Density you can easily measure yourself. Viscosity I have
> no idea but doubt you will find ready to use data.

I agree. In addition, how precise do the data need to be? MOPS in
concentration commonly employed as buffer should not increase viscosity
of the buffer much, you may get away with assuming the viscosity of
water. A simple test is to measure the emptying time of a pipette with
solutions with and without MOPS