FACS and adherent cells

Stacy Ferguson stacyef at stacyef.net
Thu May 4 21:28:14 EST 2006

What, specifically, are you having a problem with? Once detached,
there's no difference between analysis of cells that grow in suspension
or cells that were previously attached. The only thing you may want to
consider is that if you use trypsin to detach your cells, this may
destroy (or at least greatly reduce the number of) molecules you are
trying to detect on the surface. Using an EDTA-based detachment buffer
may be preferable.