reduce probe length

Michael Sullivan mlsulliv at wisc.edu
Wed May 24 09:53:26 EST 2006

I can think of two ways, but you probably need to determine
conditions empirically to get the size range you want. I would
suggest you either increase the amount of template going into the
reaction, or reduce the amount of dNTPs you're using in the reaction.
Either way, dNTPs will be limiting which should lead to smaller
labeled products.

Hope this helps.

Mike Sullivan

On May 24, 2006, at 5:19 AM, Simone Marker wrote:

> Hi,
>
> does anyone know how to reduce the probe length of probes generated by
> random primed labeling?
> As far as I know: normally, 250-300bp long probes are generated,
> but I need
> random oligo-probes (ca 50bp).
>
> Thank you for your help.

---