Removal of lipids from cell lysate?

Alexandra Baer a9702610 at unet.univie.ac.at
Sun May 28 12:19:01 EST 2006

Dear Kevin,
I found your topic when I searched in google because of the same
trouble.....
However concerning my problem: when I lyse my cells (oligodendrocytes) I too
have lipids in the lysate. THe following western blot detecting higher
molecular weight proteins is not possible because of them....
So I want to ask whether you already found some sollution, because I only
have a kit from calbiochem and I'm afraid that I will lose to much protein,
when I try to get rid of the lipids using it.
So I really hope to find someone who has already experience with this topic.
Thanks very much,

Alex