urgent help please

Jayakumar, R R.Jayakumar at roswellpark.org
Sun May 28 20:12:16 EST 2006

I U degrades approximates 1 ug of DNA in 10 min at 37C in appropriate
reaction buffer. Your buffer does not seem to be appropriate since it
has EDTA which is an efficient chelator and will inhibit DNase activity.
It would work well with a sonicator.
   Try to use a buffer without EDTA but containing other protease
inhibitors (Roche complete protease inhibitor cocktail is a good
alternative (the one without EDTA)).  For optimum activity, DNase
required Mg++ in buffer.
  Try out this protocol
http://www.embl.de/ExternalInfo/protein_unit/draft_frames/protocol_datab
ase/Purification/ec_Ecoli_enzyme.html