Beta-galactosidase detection

Tetering, G.J. van via (by G.J.vanTetering from
Wed Nov 1 07:49:53 EST 2006

I'm having difficulties with my immunohistochemistry. I want to show
Beta-galactosidase on cryo-slides using the Promega Anti-Beta-gal
antibody. It does not work, the antibody does detect beta-galactosidase.
But when using it on cryo-tissue (10 micron) I don't get a clear signal
and a lot of background. I used thicker slides (100 micron) and even
then the signal is low. Can anybody help me with this problem?

Geert van Tetering

Geert van Tetering
PhD student
Molecular Research Lab