EDC and NHS, precipitation

runcyclexcski At yahoo.com via methods%40net.bio.net (by runcyclexcski At yahoo.com)
Fri Nov 10 21:31:32 EST 2006

I am conjugating a NH2-labeled DNA to carboxyl-magnetic beads (Dynal).
At high EDC/suflo-NHS concentration (~50 mM) I get very low efficienvcy
of XLinking. At high EDC/sulfo-NHS concentration the beads, apparently,
get overloaded with EDC/NHS (which is exactly what I need), but form
huge aggregates (which I don't need).  Are there any analogs of
EDC/sulfo-NHS which don't cause the target to precipitate when
over-conjugating?