PCR band smear

Damien via methods%40net.bio.net (by marsicd At removethis.uah.edu)
Tue Nov 14 14:19:52 EST 2006

You can reduce smearing by using less DNA polymerase, decreasing the
number of cycles, or decreasing extension time. Increasing template
concentration might help as well.

You may also try another DNA polymerase. I use Rainbow
(www.extremozyme.com).

Damien