[wester blotting] What would you reccommend as a WB marker (ladder) standard

Pow Joshi via methods%40net.bio.net (by pow.joshi At gmail.com)
Fri Nov 17 17:35:34 EST 2006

On 17 Nov 2006 06:51:27 -0800, Lechu <lech_kaczmarczyk At yahoo.com> wrote:
> Anyone used BioRad biotynylated markers for chemiluninescent detection
> (by streptavidin-HRP)? I need sth as a reference this seems a good
> choice. Alternatively, there's Invitrogens MagicMark. Have you got any
> experience with the above? Or maybe you find some other stuff a better
> deal?

Magicmark work well.... one my colleagues uses it routinely and will
swear by it. However, my understanding is that the way they(magicmark)
work is different, I think, from the Biorad biotinylated markers,
since they are designed to contain an IgG binding site.
If you use streptavidin, the Biorad should work as well, I suppose (I
don't have personal experience with it); however, I'd imagine that
Magicmark would serve a more general western blot purpose even when
you do not use streptavidin.

hope that helps
pow