in-vitro coupled wheat germ system [Promega]

newsnet customer via methods%40net.bio.net (by customer At newsnet.com)
Tue Nov 21 04:16:13 EST 2006

Hi,

I want to visualise sea pansy (renilla) luciferase enzyme/protein produced from the in-vitro coupled wheat germ system from Promega. Here are my options:

Option 1. AUTORADIOGRAPHY of radiolabelled luciferase [s35 Met] - lab cannot work with radioactive material, so this is ruled out.

Option 2. LUMINOMETER to detect luciferase luminescence  - luminometer is not functional at the moment, so this is ruled out.

Option 3. WESTERN BLOT using antibody against luciferase - this is a viable option.

Option 4. Visualisation of luciferase luminescence by eye/microscope in a dark room - this is a viable option and quickest. Not sure how much protein (pg,ng,ug,mg??) you need before you can see some light glowing in the dark??

Cheers,
ST