Western Blot

Pow Joshi via methods%40net.bio.net (by pow.joshi At gmail.com)
Sun Nov 26 15:33:05 EST 2006

On 11/25/06, DK <dk At no.email.thankstospam.net> wrote:

> In article <mailman.140.1164338975.19683.methods At net.bio.net>, Maryam <
> mzargh At yahoo.ca> wrote:
> >I have an affinity purified antibody that is reacting with the expressed
> > recombinant protein from bacteria in wetern blot but not with the normal
> > fibroblast. This antibody was working very well with the fibroblast
> > previously.
> >   Any idea how this can happen?
>
> If they worked before but don't work now and your fibroblasts
> are the same, I don't think this could happen at all. Something
> else is missing/confused.
>
> DK

I agree with Dima....... unless you have changed some culture conditions/ or
source of your prrimary fibroblasts,  that "switches off" the protein
production.....we could help troubleshoot better if you'd explain the exact
conditions of your experiments.

best
pow